Answers to Common Pet Health Questions & Concerns
We’ve tried to answer some of the most common questions we receive here at PetCare. We hope you find this information useful!
What is the best Skunk Odor Removal Home Remedy?
- 3% Hydrogen Peroxide - 1 Quart
- Baking Soda - 1/2 Cup
- Liquid Dish Soap - 2 Teaspoons
- Begin by mixing the hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and liquid dish soap.
- Immediately massage the skunk odor removal solution into the dog or cat's fur and skin.
- Continue to work the skunk odor remedy into the pet's fur, as would be done with shampoo.
- After ten minutes, thoroughly rinse the solution from the pet's fur using running water.
If the odor remains, repeat steps 1 through 4.
2. Regulations for taking your pet to Hawaii
Hawaii is rabies free and is very strict regarding their process for exporting pets to the islands. We recommend you read carefully the following brochure to learn about what you need to do. PetCare assumes no responsibility if guidelines are not followed properly and Hawaii denies exporting your pet with the limited quarantine period.
View the Quarantine Brochure.
Visit the Quarantine website.
3. How often do pets come into heat?
Most dogs come into heat every 6 months
Cats are seasonal ovulators and need to be induced by a male cat