Chest & Abdominal Surgery
Many chest and abdominal procedures involve diseases affecting major organs such as lung, intestine, and spleen, just to name a few. Since major organs are involved, many of these patients are very sick and require extensive, around-the-clock care and monitoring. Another common reason for chest and abdominal surgery is for foreign body exploration.
Commonly Performed Thoracic Procedures
- Lung lobectomy (removal of the lung)
- Subtotal pericardectomy (removal of a portion of the sac surrounding the heart)
- Foreign body or wound exploration
- Thoracic duct ligation
- Thoracic wall tumor removal
Commonly Performed Abdominal Procedures
- Intestinal surgeries (gastropexy, intestinal foreign body removal, and tumor removal)
- Splenectomy (removal of the spleen)
- Liver biopsy and lobectomy
- Gall bladder and pancreatic surgery (biliary bypass procedures, gall stone removal, and gall bladder removal)
- Urinary tract procedures (kidney removal, bladder stone removal, and urinary tumor removal)
- Adrenalectomy (adrenal gland removal)
- Ovariohysterectomy (spay)
- And many more!
Specialized Thoracic and Abdominal Surgeries
- Patent ductus arteriosis (PDA) ligation
- Removal of tumors from the heart (right auricular tumors)
- Ectopic ureter reconstructive procedures
- Hydraulic urethral cuff for urinary incontinence
- Renal transplantation
- Ureterotomy and ureteral reconstructive procedures
- Liver shunt surgeries
- And many more!
If you have questions about thoracic or abdominal surgery for your pet, you can schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified surgeons at PetCare by calling 707-579-5900.